Buy Apple iPhone 5 - Price, Specs, Features Pakistan
Apple iPhone 5 Review
The Device to Marvel at:
The worth and charm of iPhone 5 is sure to remain evergreen for many years to come with a multitude of people getting attracted towards it every day. With its ultimate launch on September 12, 2012, after such a long wait, people are just dying to get their hands on this phone. After all the speculation and rumors that have been around from the start of 2012, this phone does answer the prayers of millions of Apple fans around the globe and all of its competitors as well. But to the great dismay of Apple handset lovers in the country, there has been set high Apple iPhone 5 price in Pakistan and majority of the interested individuals will be unable to afford it.
Two Things to Know:
There are two major aspects of this phone that the potential buyers do need to understand before going for it. First of all, the manufacturers at Apple have focused more on the software, including the usability and user friendliness of the phone, rather than going for advanced hardware configurations. The second thing about this marvelous gadget is its highly stylish yet human based design that makes it a class of its own. Still, it is a perfect blend of two extremes because along with a number of positive aspects of this phone, there are a few negative elements associated with it as well that cannot be set aside.
One of the Lightest Smartphones Ever:
While looking at the specs sheet to buy Apple iPhone 5, most of the people fail to realize what actually this phone must be worth. Being merely 112 g, it is lighter than most of the hottest phones available in the market, for example, Galaxy SIII stands at 133 g and Apple iPhone 4S weighs 140 g.
Extra Slim Design:
Another aspect, that cannot be ignored at any cost, is that of its thinness, being just 7.6 mm whereas Apple 4S is 9.3 mm thick, Galaxy S III is 8.6 mm and HTC One X stands at 8.9 mm. This level of slimness makes your new postmodern gadget easy to get hold of and operate as you desire.
Ravishing HD TFT Touchscreen:
The exclusive body design must have been a matter of prime interest for its designers, and this is the reason, when most of the newly launched smartphones have bigger screen sizes (4.3 or 4.5 inches), Apple has a simple yet ravishing 4-inch screen. It is, indeed, a nice little capacitive backlit TFT touchscreen furnished with 640 x 1136 pixels and reinforced by Corning Gorilla Glass and Apple oleophobic coatings.
Surprise of A6 Processor:
Apple iPhone 5 came with a good set of surprises as well, one of them being its new A6 processor, which is much smaller in size, better in speed and draws less energy of battery than the previous processors introduced by Apple.
Some other Fascinations:
Amazing iOS 6: The operating system is however what was expected, i.e. iOS 6, which was introduced only a short time ago.
Siri Natural Language Support: Other impressive features include Apple’s hallmark Siri natural language support, iCloud service and iBooks reader.
Extended Battery Backup: Compared to most of the high-end smartphones around you, it gives an amazing battery backup going around 8 hours of talk-time or 10 hours of music play or 225 hours of standby time.
The downsides of the phone are equally there, which are being described here so that they may address your queries and influence the process of decision making.
- Like all of the Apple products, the present device does not come with external card slot, so the buyers left with the only option of choosing from 16, 32 or 64 GB built in storages.
- First of all, compared to most of the latest smartphones around, its display is not that impressive as it must have been, otherwise.
- It is not understandable for the users why Apple keeps limiting the storage capacity when people want more space to keep all of their favorite music, videos and important files with them.
- Talking of its results, the camera is also nothing to fancy at, and Nokia Lumia 920 seems to be a far better option than this one.
- It is quite disappointing for the Apple fans and completely childish for company itself to make phones, which only support nano-SIM when most of the telecom carriers are not delivering such services, especially in the international markets.
- The very high Apple iPhone 5 price makes the smart and lovely handset beyond the reach of the low income Apple fans all around the world. Even the lowest price for any version of the phone is much more than that of Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC One X.
- Yes, the phone is reliable and a symbol of high status but when it comes to performance and delivering more than what people expect from it, Apple iPhone 5 does not impress.
Apple iPhone 5 Specifications
- Announced 12 September, 2012
- Status Available, (Released on September 2012)
- Facebook Yes
- Youtube Yes
- Google Search Yes
- Twitter Yes
- Browser HTML (Safari)
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Yes, v2.0
- Bluetooth Connection Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Yes
- EDGE Yes
- WLAN For Connecting Internet Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
- NFC (Near Field Communication) No
- 3G (Speed) DC-HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps, LTE, 100 Mbps; EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps
Battery Type And Timing
- Battery Non-removable Li-Po 1440 mAh battery (5.45 Wh)
- Stand-by Time (Approx.) 225 Hours (2G and 3G)
- Talk Time (Approx.) 8 Hours (2G and 3G)
- Music Play Time 40 Hours
Hardware And Memory
- OS (Operating System) iOS 6, upgradable to iOS 6.1.3
- CPU Capacity Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- Chipset Apple A6
- GPU For Graphics PowerVR SGX 543MP3 (triple-core graphics)
- Internal Memory 16/32/64 GB
- External Memory No
- RAM and ROM 1 GB RAM
Network Coverage And SIM Info
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GSM A1428 and CDMA 800 / 1900 / 2100 - CDMA A1429
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - GSM A1428 and CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - CDMA A1429
- 4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100 - GSM A1428 - LTE 850 / 1800 / 2100 - GSM A1429 and LTE 700 / 850 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 - CDMA A1429
- SIM Type Nano-SIM
Body Structure And Style
- Display Type LED-backlit IPS LCD, Capacitive Touchscreen
- Display Size 4.0 Inches, 640 x 1136 pixels
- Body Weight 112 g
- Body Dimensions 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
- Colors Black/Slate, White/Silver
Camera And Multimedia
- Backside Camera (Primary) 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus with LED flash
- Frontside Camera (Secondary) 1.2 MP
- Photo Editor Yes
- Video Recording Quality Yes, 1080p@30fps, video stabilization
- Audio Player Support MP3/WAV/MP3 VBR/eAAC+ player
- Video Player (File Types) MP4/H.264/WMV player
- Radio No
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Document Editor No
- MS Word Support Yes
Apple iPhone 5 Features
- 4-inch Widescreen Multi-Touch Retina Display with Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating Protection
- 112 g Weight, 7.6 mm Thickness
- 16/32/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Plus Cellular
- 8-megapixel iSight, autofocus Camera with LED Flash
- FaceTime HD (Front) camera with 1.2MP
- iOS 6 Operating System
- Apple A6 Chipset
- Black/Slate, White/Silver Colors Available
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Twitter and Facebook integration
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Talk Time up to 8 hours on 2G and 3G
- Stand by up to 225 Hours
- Internet use Time up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video Play up to 10 Hours
- Music Play up to 40 Hours