Samsung Galaxy Young Price in Pakistan
Samsung Galaxy Young Review
Behold the latest Samsung Galaxy smart phone, the Galaxy Young. It is easy on the pocket not just because of its small size and light weight, but also because it is a low cost smart phone.
Why to Buy Samsung Galaxy Young
Samsung Galaxy Young is an affordable smart phone that offers all the necessary features required by average users along with the luxuries of Wi-Fi connectivity, a capacitive touch screen and Android operating system. The version of the operating system is Jelly Bean 4.1.2, which of course is the youngest addition in the family till date.
Users can browse the internet at fast connection speeds and enjoy the social network integration and several other apps installed in Samsung Galaxy Young. The processer seems a little slow at a speed of 1 GHz in comparison to the more expensive cell phones which offer speeds of up to 1.5 GHz. However, for an average non-tech user, the difference in the processing speeds will not matter much.
The dual-sim feature makes Samsung Galaxy Young smart phone even more attractive since at the low price of this cell phone, it seems like a great deal.
The internal memory of Galaxy Young is quite satisfying, providing 4 GB of memory space. There is also a memory card slot to further increase the memory storage up to 64GB.
Things to Consider before Buying
Even though the cost of the phone is low, still you must take into account several of its drawbacks before spending your precious money on it.
The resolution of Samsung Galaxy Young is not great at a pixel density of approximately 176 PPI. Moreover, users would have to struggle with clarity and visibility out in the sunlight.
Similarly, the resolution of the camera isn’t appreciable either. In a market where cell phones are available with 8 to 12 MP cameras, 3.15 MP of the Samsung Galaxy Young s6310 might seem like a joke. Moreover, there aren’t any additional camera features to enhance the quality of the pictures. How can you expect great pictures with no face detection, no autofocus and not even a flash? In case you decide to buy this phone, you should also be prepared for dark and blurred videos since this is what you are going to get with VGA quality videos.
Although the sleek design makes Samsung Galaxy Young look impressive, but it feels rather fragile in the hands. This is because just like other Samsung Galaxy cell phones, the body primarily consists of plastic. Sure, it feels light, but a sleek and classy smart phone should also feel like it is of premium quality.
The Bottom Line
The sleek design, connectivity, operating system and memory storage of Samsung Galaxy Young are all up to the mark. The processing speed and screen resolution should have been better, but we can settle for them. However, there is no way anyone can endure a low resolution camera which lacks the most basic feature of flash.
Still, perhaps the dual-sim feature and the affordability of this latest smart phone are going to make Samsung Galaxy Young worth buying.
Samsung Galaxy Young Specifications
- Announced February, 2013
- Status Available, (Released on March 2013)
- Facebook Yes
- Youtube Yes
- Google Search Yes
- Twitter Yes
- Browser HTML
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Yes, microUSB v2.0
- Bluetooth Connection Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Yes
- EDGE Yes
- WLAN For Connecting Internet Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- NFC (Near Field Communication) No
- 3G (Speed) HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
Battery Type And Timing
- Battery Li-Ion 1300 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.) 250 Hours
- Talk Time (Approx.) 6 Hours and 40 minutes
- Music Play Time N/A
Hardware And Memory
- OS (Operating System) Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU Capacity 1 GHz Cortex-A5
- Chipset No
- GPU For Graphics No
- Internal Memory 4 GB
- External Memory microSD, up to 64 GB
- RAM and ROM 768 MB RAM
Network Coverage And SIM Info
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GT-S6310 and GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GT-S6312 (SIM 1 & SIM 2)
- 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G Network No
- SIM Type Mini-Sim (Optional Dual SIM/dual stand-by)
Body Structure And Style
- Display Type TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
- Display Size 3.27 Inches, 320 x 480 pixels
- Body Weight 112 g
- Body Dimensions 109.4 x 58.6 x 12.5 mm
- Colors White
Camera And Multimedia
- Backside Camera (Primary) 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
- Frontside Camera (Secondary) No
- Photo Editor Yes
- Video Recording Quality Yes, VGA@24fps
- Audio Player Support MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player (File Types) MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS and FM recording
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Document Editor No
- MS Word Support Yes
Samsung Galaxy Young Features
- 3.27 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 112 g Weight
- 4 GB Internal Memory with 768 MB RAM
- microSD, up to 64 GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels Camera
- Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1 GHz Processor
- Available in White Color
- MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player and MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Internet Features: Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Powered by Li-Ion 1300 mAh battery