Huawei Ascend Mate Specs and For Sale Price
Huawei Ascend Mate Review
Huawei has just announced its new mobile phone set Huawei Ascend Mate for the New Year. The set is expected to be available from February 2013. It is a touch screen phone. The sleek and stylish body of the set has given it a graceful look. Mate is available in crystal black and pure white color.
It is carefully designed in the light of current trends. Mostly, the upcoming handsets are larger in size; especially those belong to Samsung family. Ascend Mate has dimensions which are 163.5 x 85.7 x 9.9 mm with a weight of 198 grams. So it is a heavy handset.
Following the current trends and to compete other popular mobile sets, as mentioned earlier, it is designed with a large body having a screen size of 6.1 inch with 720 x 1280 pixels. Huawei does not compromise on the quality of material used in the screen.
A latest technology has been applied, that is known as IPS or In-Plane Switching technology to build most important part of this handset. Precisely the screen is LCD capacitive touch screen utilizing IPC technology. It will be a great experience for sure. From protection perspective, it has Corning Gorilla Glass on the screen.
Looking at its general features, Huawei Ascend Mate is capable of working with 2G and 3G networks. On the other hand, it is also capable of operating within a wide variety of band ranges. But to do all these, a micro SIM card, from the network service provider is required.
Further, it has memory slot that can be used to extend its storage abilities. It can be increases up to 32 GB. This is acceptable but not impressive, because a heavy handset like this should be provided with a larger storage, for example at least 32GB. Size of the RAM is fine and it is 2 GB, good for efficient and smooth working.
Coming to its technical specifications, it uses well known Android operating system. For Huawei Ascend Mate, version 4.1 – JellyBean has been installed. The chipset is Huawei K3V2, while a powerful CPU, Quad-core 1.5 GHz, has been staged on the motherboard. This is for sure that it is a strong CPU, which is capable of multi-tasking without the fear of hanging up. Heavy graphic games and new and innovative applications form Android market can easily be installed and enjoyed on this handset. Other features like sensors are accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass.
The most important feature of Huawei Ascend Mate is its high-resolution 8-megapixel camera on the rear side. One can say that it is a handset with professional camera. It can capture a picture of size 3264×2448 pixels, which is a large size. As far as video abilities are concerned, it can record video with 1080pat 30fps, quite impressive. A secondary camera of 1 megapixel is also mounted on the front too. Other features associated with camera are autofocus, LED flash light, geo-tagging, face detection and HDR.
For connectivity purpose, it uses GPRS, Bluetooth, EDGE, WLAN and USB. It also utilizes HTML5 browser, which is fast. Some common features present are like Radio, GPS with A-GPS support, active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Organizer, Document Editor and Photo viewer/editor.
Last but not the least is the battery of his handset. It is supplied by the power of a Li-Ion 4050 mAh battery. Claims are that it has a standby time of 216 hours. If this is so, it is good, as high power is required by this handset due to large size. There is no doubt; it is going to give tuff time to Samsung handsets, which are having strong hold in the mobile market of Pakistan. After going through all these features, Huawei Ascend Mate seems that it will be a success for Huawei.
Huawei Ascend Mate Specifications
- Announced January, 2013
- Status Available
- Facebook Yes
- Youtube Yes
- Google Search Yes
- Twitter Yes
- Browser HTML5
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Yes, microUSB v2.0
- Bluetooth Connection Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Yes
- EDGE Yes
- WLAN For Connecting Internet Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- NFC (Near Field Communication) No
- 3G (Speed) HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.7 Mbps
Battery Type And Timing
- Battery Li-Ion 4050 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.) 216 Hours
- Talk Time (Approx.) N/A
- Music Play Time N/A
Hardware And Memory
- OS (Operating System) Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU Capacity Quad-core 1.5 GHz
- Chipset Huawei K3V2
- GPU For Graphics No
- Internal Memory No
- External Memory Yes, up to 32 GB
- RAM and ROM 2 GB RAM
Network Coverage And SIM Info
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network No
- SIM Type Micro-SIM
Body Structure And Style
- Display Type IPS+ LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
- Display Size 6.1 Inches, 720 x 1280 pixels
- Body Weight 198 g
- Body Dimensions 163.5 x 85.7 x 9.9 mm
- Colors Crystal Black, Pure White
Camera And Multimedia
- Backside Camera (Primary) 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, Autofocus with LED flash
- Frontside Camera (Secondary) 1 MP
- Photo Editor Yes
- Video Recording Quality Yes, 1080p@30fps
- Audio Player Support MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- Video Player (File Types) DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- Radio TBD
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Document Editor Yes
- MS Word Support Yes
Huawei Ascend Mate Features
- 6.1 Inches TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
- 198g Weight
- 2GB RAM Internal Memory
- Expandable memory up to 32GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 8 MP, autofocus Camera with LED flash
- 1.0 MP Front Camera
- Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Processor
- Available in Crystal Black and Pure White Colors
- DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- Internet Features: Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar and Google Talk
- Powered by Li-Ion 4050 mAh battery