HTC Desire 500 Price with Specs in Pakistan
HTC Desire 500 Review
A New Affordable Luxury
Among extremely expensive smartphones and phablets, under various brands, HTC brings an affordable luxury targeting a large audience—HTC Desire 500. The company’s Chief Executive proudly announces this new addition to the Desire family which has always been within the reach of the masses. The new phone offers features which are mid-ranged, yet fairly satisfying for all average users. A large number of individuals can indulge in the extravagance of a dual-SIM smartphone without having to pay through the nose for it.
HTC Desire 500 price in Pakistan is yet to be revealed at its release this month. As in the other parts of the world, the cost of the phone is expected to be affordable here as well.
The phone is quite an attractive product of technology with its 4.3 inches of display screen and a sleek body. Its 9.9mm thickness makes it a desirably slender handset which looks delicate and priceless. Moreover, just like other premium quality HTC cell phones, this new device also emanates class due to the incorporation of metal in its body.
The overall design of the candy bar styled phone is rather simple with the home and back keys at the bottom of the screen, the secondary camera at the front and the primary camera at the back. It will be available in elegant black and silver colors. However, a really charming white handset with turquoise edges has also been seen in photos.
A Satisfying Performance
Despite the low HTC Desire price, a Quad-core processor with 1.2 GHz speed is featured in it to ensure extremely satisfying performance of the phone.
Jelly Bean 4.2.2
The users will also get the latest version of Android's operating system: Jelly Bean 4.2.2. In addition, HTC Sense UI 5.0 has been used. Therefore, as far as the OS is concerned, this mid-range phone stands on an equal footing with the latest high-end smartphones.
Advanced Connectivity Features
It is the perfect device on-the-go due to its 3G networking, Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth. The phone also functions as a Wi-Fi hotspot to provide connectivity to other devices, such as your laptop.
Many Useful Apps
The phone also comes equipped with a number of useful apps, including free 25 GB storage of Dropbox. Other than that, SNS integration, all Google apps, YouTube, Document Viewer and other handy applications take care of your entertainment and keep you connected on-the-go.
A Great 8MP Camera
The lens at the back of the phone is for an 8 MP snapper which is equipped with LED flash and the facility of autofocus. A resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels imparts clarity to the snaps. The camera can also record videos at 720p. Moreover, the size of the sensor—1.3.2 inches—ensures that sufficient light enters in it to make the pictures bright.
In addition, a 1.6 MP camera at the front also gives satisfying results during video chats.
Of course, a low cost phone always asks users to compromise with one thing or the other. In the case of this phone, there are a few features which disappoint users. To begin with, a TFT capacitive touchscreen feels really low-end in comparison with the advanced technology screens which are bringing so much in other phones. Moreover, the display also lacks clarity and brightness due to its low resolution—480 x 800—and low pixel density—merely 217 PPI.
The memory space also disappoints users as 4GB can hardly fulfill all the storage needs. However, a memory card slot for additional 64 GB resolves this issue.
In short, the phone offers a good deal of amazing features. You have to compromise a little, but get much more in return at an affordable cost.
HTC Desire 500 Specifications
- Announced August, 2013
- Status Available
- Facebook Yes
- Youtube Yes
- Google Search Yes
- Twitter Yes
- Browser HTML5
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go, USB Host
- Bluetooth Connection Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Yes
- EDGE Yes
- WLAN For Connecting Internet Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA
- NFC (Near Field Communication) No
- 3G (Speed) HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
Battery Type And Timing
- Battery Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.) 435 Hours
- Talk Time (Approx.) 12 h 6 min
- Music Play Time N/A
Hardware And Memory
- OS (Operating System) Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU Capacity Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5
- Chipset Qualcomm MSM8225Q Snapdragon 200
- GPU For Graphics Adreno 203
- Internal Memory 4 GB
- External Memory microSD, up to 64 GB
- RAM and ROM 1 GB RAM
Network Coverage And SIM Info
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G Network No
- SIM Type Optional Dual SIM
Body Structure And Style
- Display Type TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
- Display Size 4.3 Inches, 480 x 800 pixels
- Body Weight 123 g
- Body Dimensions 131.8 x 66.9 x 9.9 mm
- Colors Black, Silver
Camera And Multimedia
- Backside Camera (Primary) 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Frontside Camera (Secondary) Yes, 1.6 MP
- Photo Editor Yes
- Video Recording Quality Yes, 720p@30fps
- Audio Player Support MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- Video Player (File Types) DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Document Editor No
- MS Word Support Yes
HTC Desire 500 Features
- 4.3 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 123 g weight
- 4 GB internal memory
- WiFi enabled, Bluetooth, USB
- Android operating system
- Quad core processor
- 8 MP rear camera
- Accelerometer, proximity, compass sensors are available
- Available in 2 colors
- Beats audio sound enhancement
- 25 GB dropbox storage
- Radio, Audio and video players
- Long lasting battery